Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of special clinics and healthcare services:
Practice Nurse Services
- General nursing advice
- Removal of stitches
- Cervical cytology test (Smears)
- Advice & injections for foreign travel
- Health checks and advice
Rutine checks for:
- Blood pressure
- Hormone replacement
- Maternity care - the doctor and midwife will share ante-natal care and an ante-natal clinic is held on a Tuesday morning from 10:00. Home birth requests will be considered.
- Contraception and family planning - available from the doctor or practice nurse. Confidential contraceptive advice is available to all ages about all methods. Emergency Contraception is also available, you must see the doctor within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. All treatment is in confidence.
- Smear tests - these are important to detect early minor changes. Regular checks are advised. The practice nurse usually does these.
- Baby immunisation clinic - from the age of 2 months, the doctor, nurse and health visitor carry out routine immunisations and developmental checks. The clinic is held on Thursday afternoons between 14:00 and 15:30.
- Minor surgery - some minor operations are performed by the doctor in the surgery including the removal of cysts, skin lumps & bumps, injections for tennis elbow & painful joints and oestrogen implants. Please make an appointment with the doctor for an assessment. Minor surgery clinics are held on a monthly basis on Wednesday morning between 10:30 – 12:00.
- Counselling - our practice counsellor session is on Tuesday between 14:00 and 15:30. You will need to see the doctor to be referred to this service.